Magic Item Body Slots
For reference, here are the body slots for humanoid characters. Note that Taurs have limitations beyond those listed below.
- Armor - suits of armor
- Belts - belts and girdles
- Body - robes and vestments
- Chest - mantles, shirts and vests
- Eyes - eyes, glasses, and goggles
- Feet - boots, shoes, and slippers
- Hands - gauntlets and gloves
- Head - circlets, crowns, hats, helms, and masks
- Headband - headbands and phylacteries
- Neck - amulets, brooches, medallions, necklaces, periapts, and scarabs
- Rings (up to 2) - rings
- Shield - shields
- Shoulders - capes and cloaks
- Wrist - bracelets and bracers
Note that you can also create slotless items for an increased cost. See the Catacombs page for details.
Potion and Oil Clarification
Potions and oils can be made of any spell of 3rd level or less that targets one or more creatures or objects. Potions can not be made from spells that target an area, or have a Range of Personal. Potions and oils of spells that target multiple creatures or objects only target the imbiber or the single creature or object the oil is applied too.
When creating potions and oils, the requirement that "The creator must have prepared the spell to be placed in the potion (or must know the spell, in the case of a sorcerer or bard)" may not be bypassed by increasing the Craft Alchemy or Spellcraft DC.